I
remember when I was a little kid riding the train to Manhattan with my
mom I use to admire the fashions. My first memory of New York fashion
was near 34 street. A woman had yellow spiked hair she was dressed like
Cyndi Lauper, however she had her own touch. I remember going to Fulton Street
and watching the "hip hop style and guys and girls. I always loved when I
saw a person wearing Cazals. It just added a special touch to an outfit. New York was something in the 80's and even the 70's.
I went to Soho today. I was looking for a pair of gold sneakers. Yes,
GOLD DARLINGS No Luck! As I walking around I discovered New York has
lost it's style and realness. We are slowly becoming a cookie cutter
city. Why is this happening? I blame it on Kim K. and all of those other
reality t.v. shows. New Yorkers are dressing the same even the weirdo's
have lost their weirdness. The punks have lost their
spunk and the rich snobs are just RICH no hint of Chanel anywhere just
big mouths screaming about their rental vacation homes in the Hampton's. I only
found three originals walking around. The rest were just Soho
wannabe's.
While heading to the train I did spot a group who had
their on style. They were walking behind me. I smelled weed so, I
turned around. Two of them were smoking weed. They were keeping it real
fo' sho' lol They had style, real style. I call their look BUMMYWEED
CHIC. They were bummy, however they had that old New York style I was
looking for.
I miss the old New York. I miss the old style. Shoot I miss Ed Koch ♥
I still Love New York♥ Just get your style back!

No comments:
Post a Comment